Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

Today on my business travels took me to Ripon, Wisconsin.  I'd never driven through downtown Ripon before so I decided to take a peek.  Ripon is also called Cookietown USA as it is the headquarters to Rippin' Good Cookies, it also boast a fabulous liberal arts college.  
The Local Movie Theater
For the last 20 years the Ripon Chamber of Commerce has been sponsoring A Dickens of A Christmas.  The stores were all putting up window displays and this one was finished.  It's not a particularly good picture but I noticed you can see the stores across the street..

 

So while I was downtown I stopped in a thift shop to look around.  While there I stumbled across this box...its a coffin for cremation..I thought it was a little strange...


then I noticed this written on the end of the box...which made me pause


Isn't it kind of ironic that they store Christmas decorations in a cremation box?  I have to wonder if they store Easter decorations in a cremation box too?  mmmm...

Later Little One and I went with our friend Sarah swimming at the community pool..
(she looks unhappy because she was crying in the car seat AGAIN!)


She really enjoyed the swimming pool.  She smiled, giggled, and she even took it in stride when she was dunked under the water.  She had a blast for about an hour and then decided it was time for her mid-day snack.  I took her to the locker room for a snack and then.....


She passed out! She was like a little limp doll..I took her back out to the pool to watch Sarah and the boys swim and she slept for about 30 minutes until I took her to get changed so we could go home!

When we got home tonight she ate dinner and passed out..she's sleeping like a rock right now..
mmmm...I think that we might have to take a weekly trip to the pool!!!!

BTW my friend Sarah has just started blogging..take a peek http://allindotime.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment