Tuesday, November 2, 2010

National Blog Posting Month

So I got this great idea to do National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo.org) but the thought of typing 50,000 words was overwhelming.  Then one of my twitter friends, Emily at Joyful Abode, asked if any of us were participating in National Blog Posting Month and I thought...I might not be able to write a novel, but I sure as heck could write a blog post once a day..little did I know that on the second day I'd be floundering...its almost 11pm here and I'm finally just sitting down!

I have been struggling now for about 20 minutes about what to write...I'm lost..all I can think about is how much I want to turn off the computer and lay down next my little charge and read myself to sleep..So I guess I will tell you what I have been reading the last few days! 

I have been re-reading Buddha Mom by Jacqueline Kramer.  This book is about mothering with a Buddhist persepective and being mindful about mothering your children.

A friend recommended I read The Buddha & The Borderline by Kiera Van Gelder. This one is about Kiera who has the diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder and how she went through Dialectical Behavior Therapy to help her minimize the symptoms of her disease.  

And finally my fun book that I have been reading is Spinning Forward by Terri DuLong.  I just started this book and I'm finding quite interesting.  So far it's about a woman whose husband died in a car accident, leaving her to discover he had a secret life. 

Okay..well..that's all for today..I guess I can say I have successfully posted a blog..GOOOOO MEEEEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment